Let's 'stay sharp' in Kamloops South Thompson ...

... elect Peter Sharp BC Conservative MLA


Friday 12 April 2013

Many moons ago an old fart was asked what he thought of politicians. He replied "They should all be drowned at birth". I think he had something there.


This morning, I received an email from a voter in the Kamloops South Thompson riding.  He was passing along the words of a friend of his, regarding news that the government had allowed a contract with the teachers to be negotiated, that included unlimited massage sessions on the taxpayer tab.

The language in the email was strong so I am only going to included the opening sentence ... and then the close of what he had to say:

 

just heard a clip on the news that has me setting my hair on fire!

 
The blame must go to the Ministry of Education who negotiate on our behalf and allow this totally unacceptable &$^%$#@$ to happen!  I am reminded of the justification for raising MLA salaries, “in order to attract the best and the brightest” Duh?

This is, in my tiny perfect mind  just another example of “serve two terms and hit the pension jackpot”! As soon as we understand that as the primary agenda of our politicians we will be better able to deal with it.

Clearly what we need sometime in the future (after you and I have gone on to our reward) is a Maggie Thatcher to get rid of the unionized monopolies that are driving BC into bed with the Greece’s of the world.  Another NDP govt in BC  will surely revive the underground economy and drive good things away.  

How the hell did we allow ourselves to get into this stupid mess?

 
Now first, I wish to say that I do not agree totally with what this person had to say -- however I can understand the frustration that has driven then to have such a strong negative thought, and opinion, of the political process.

Now, the individual that sent me the email also had their own thoughts to share, and again I am going to pass them on for you to read:

 
Peter:

This is from a friend of mine who has a way with words.  The language is a bit strong but, if you intend to swim in the cesspool of BC politics, you will get used to it.

I do not read contracts because my eyes glaze over quickly, but my friend has a keener eye on him than most.  The government negotiators who permitted this "benefit" to be included in the last go-around with the BCTF should be publicly exposed for the incompetents that they are.

I sure pine for the days when we had the Social Credit Party running things.  They too were no angels and shifty at cutting corners BUT at least the province was humming and not wallowing in debt.  Sadly, they imploded.  Our only hope is a resurrected BC Conservative Party, one who closely resembles the Socreds.

Deep down the NDP and the Liberals have the same DNA but, like competitive kids in a family, they don't get along.  And, they have proven, over and over, that they cannot be trusted to live up to their fiduciary duties.  Thus the province keeps going further and further into debt. 

Our crown jewel of Crown Corporations, BC Hydro, has been raped and robbed so often that, in the real world, would be bankrupt.

So, it is no surprise that this perk (massages) was permitted to sneak into the last BCTF contract.  One only has to look at the competency of the players.


 

Many moons ago an old fart in New Brunswick, during a federal election campaign, was asked what he thought of politicians.  He replied "they should all be drowned at birth".  I think he had something there.

I hope your Party garner enough seats to bring some balance of give-and-take in the Legislature after May.

 
It's really NO WONDER that we have so many disillusioned British Columbians.  People have lost faith in the process, in the ability to have a say in things, in the belief that elected officials will represent their concerns, that their vote even matters.

I have found a political party that has shown me they DO intend to govern differently. 


That is one of the biggest reasons why I stepped foreword to become the BC Conservative Party candidate for Kamloops South Thompson.

I am going to campaign hard to earn the majority of votes cast in our riding, so that I can join my fellow BC Conservatives in the legislature after ballots are counted.  Then, we can begin the process to return integrity and accountability to the BC legislature.

Let's 'stay sharp' Kamloops.

I'm Peter Sharp -- I'm a BC Conservative -- and I BELIEVE in BC!

No comments:

Post a Comment