Let's 'stay sharp' in Kamloops South Thompson ...

... elect Peter Sharp BC Conservative MLA


Friday 19 April 2013

BC voter states: "It is like a slap in the face, just like it is to every other BC skilled trade worker, that has to work elsewhere "


The other day, my Campaign Manager received an email message from a young woman. This is what she had to say. 

I am yet another skilled trade worker that has to work in Alberta, despite all the false ads claiming "skilled trade labor shortage" by the Liberals.

The only job creation they have made are the jobs for the people shooting and starring in the false ads. My favorite ad is "Candace is an electrician and a mom"

Pffft!!

As a female electrician it is like a slap in the face, just like it is to every other BC skilled trade worker that has to work elsewhere." 


BC Premier Christy Clark.  Do those looking for work, and having
to leave BC to find it, pasting on a big smile like this?
I find it utterly appalling that under the management of Christy Clark, and the BC Liberals, this is the situation that many of BC's best and brightest find themselves in.

But that is not the ONLY comment I have received. Here's another one that came in to me. 

My son is another example of a person training and working in Alberta because there is none here in BC. 

He is training to be a welder and is now a 2nd year apprentice working in a shop building tanks for the pipeline. He moved to Alberta when the film industry was drying up. 

He is thriving there, just fine in Grand Prairie.

Sadly, these are not just two isolated incidents -- this is happening all the time -- as this message shows:

I have two married Granddaughters in Alberta and one grandson that works in all three provinces (British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan).  I know what you mean.
When elected as the MLA for Kamloops South Thompson, I pledge to be part of the BC Conservative team that WILL undertake to turn this situation around; in a real and meaningful way. 

The people of BC -- our sons and daughters -- neighbors and friends -- deserve nothing less from the people they elect to serve them.  

BC Conservatives believe in British Columbia. We believe in our people, their willingness to be daring and innovative, our natural resources and our geographic advantages. We believe in our potential; we believe in the future. 

Let's 'stay sharp' Kamloops.

I'm Peter Sharp -- I'm a BC Conservative -- I BELIEVE in BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment