Let's 'stay sharp' in Kamloops South Thompson ...

... elect Peter Sharp BC Conservative MLA


Tuesday 16 April 2013

I challenge my BC Liberal opponent Todd Stone to tell the people of Kamloops South Thompson ... 'How will BC Liberals get any different fiscal result from not making any kind of real change?'

Today BC Liberal Premier Christy Clark told voters here in Kamloops, and around the province, that we are headed in to the “the most important election in modern history”.
 
I couldn't agree with her more! 
 
The writ has finally been dropped, and I'm sure it is a relief to all British Columbians, because several key things seem to be weighing heavily on the minds of people here in our Kamloops South Thompson riding.
 
BC debt to rise additional $6.7 Billion under Liberals
The Liberal Platform doesn't address the financial problems which THEY have created, and banking on the possibility of future billions of revenues from liquefied natural gas is a risky bet. 
 
BC Liberals still fail to understand government has to learn how to spend smarter!
 
I think the BC Liberals need to take one of the 'Game Sense' suggestions, from the BC Lottery Corporation, to heart.
Wondering if you can win back losses by playing more? It's possible, but unlikely. Chances are the more you play, the more money you'll lose. "Chasing losses" almost always leads to bigger losses.
 
If I apply that to BC Liberal fiscal planning and management, then it says to me, "Doing things the same way gets the same results!"

 I challenge my BC Liberal opponent Todd Stone to tell the people of Kamloops;
'How will BC Liberals get any different fiscal result from not making any kind of real change?
 
BC Liberals say the budget over the next three years will be balanced, and yet according to a Ministry of Finance document, it showed Total Provincial Debt was expected to rise a further $6.7 billion dollars -- that according to the budget they released just two short months ago.

BC Conservatives are the only party who will balance the budget, get spending under control, and implement low, fair taxes.  This will be done not by spending less, but by spending smarter.
 
My favorite Tweet-of-the-day so far has been, 'Rumor has it that along with eliminating BC's debt, Christy Clark will also cure cancer, end poverty,  and stop all future earthquakes."
 
Let me clearly say one thing ... I for one do not relish seeing either the BC Liberals, or the NDP, forming the next government.  Both of these parties have a proven track record of financial miss-management when in power.  
 
That's why I won't be hanging my hat on any poll from last week, today, or tomorrow. 
 
Instead, I'm going to go out and earn the vote of each and every constituent, that I wish to represent in the BC Legislature.
 
Let's 'stay sharp' Kamloops.
 
I'm Peter Sharp -- I'm a BC Conservative -- and I believe in BC!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment