Let's 'stay sharp' in Kamloops South Thompson ...

... elect Peter Sharp BC Conservative MLA


Wednesday 13 March 2013

"Canadian Armed Forces, and Interior Health Authority, Top Heavy With Bureaucracy?"

This afternoon, I had the opportunity to speak to approximately 140 members of the BC Nurses Union in Kamloops, at a noon hour meeting, today.  The nurses came from across the Interior Health Authority (IHA), and had gathered for discussions, at the Coast Kamloops Convention Center

Joining me was fellow BC Conservative candidate Mike McLoughlin from Kelowna, along with Kamloops South Thompson NDP candidate Tom Friedman. No representatives of the BC Liberals were in attendance. 

I felt very comfortable speaking with the nurses.  We spoke to a variety of subjects related to medical care in BC, but especially the IHA, and what appears to be a top-heavy bureaucracy.  

One of the things I wanted to be sure they understood, is that BC Conservatives have made a firm commitment to conduct a review of all government ministries to determine if, and where, efficiencies can be found.  

When I told them that, "We need to build up front-line staff, and look to reducing, what seems to be a top heavy management system," that received a large round of applause. 

I also told them that, "As a former members of the Canadian Armed Forces, I used to think they were over managed with the number of Generals and Senior Officers they had."

"I have now found that we in BC have an organization which, in my opinion, is even worse.  That is the IHA, which has a ratio of one person in administration / management, for every 6.3 front-line, or support employee, providing services."

BC Conservatives definately stand for common sense governmentr.  Health Care, Education, and Social Services will be the top 3 priorities of a BC Conservative Party led government. 

But to do that, ongoing deficits, and ever increasing debt, must end.

Let's 'stay sharp' Kamloops.

I'm Peter Sharp -- I'm a BC Conservative -- and I BELIEVE in BC.

1 comment:

  1. I agree Peter, there are too many Chiefs and not enough Indians in this paper-rich environment. All the Health Authorities are the same to varying degrees but more or less a good example of where not to put the money...

    Rick Manuel

    ReplyDelete