Let's 'stay sharp' in Kamloops South Thompson ...

... elect Peter Sharp BC Conservative MLA


Sunday 17 March 2013

Neither the NDP or Liberals have seen fit to ensure that the hard working doctors, nurses, and support staff at Royal Inland have what they need for more timely patient care

A story in Kamloops This Week says:
It’s not quite the same as a shell game, but the pieces — stretchers with patients on them — are getting moved around almost as much some nights at Royal Inland Hospital.


Now, here's what I personally have to say, this is an outrage. Further, our hospital in Kamloops has indeed been be part of a chess game; one in which patients are the pawns. 

Government talks about how much is being done, but in fact very little, with the exception of the barest of necessities, gets attention.  AND ... this has happened under the watch of BOTH the NDP, and the BC Liberals.

What possible explanation can they provide for this?

The more nurses and doctors I talk with, the more families I meet who have seen first hand the conditions in our ER, and the more I read ... the more outraged I am becoming.

Neither the NDP or Liberals have seen fit to ensure that the hard working doctors, nurses, and support staff at Royal Inland have what they need for more timely patient care.

EVERY community deserves to have the best possible patient care that can be provided to the residents. 

This leads me to question why, in recent years, Kelowna and Vernon have been the recipients of $840 million dollars in upgrades to their hospitals (the vast majority spent in Kelowna) ... while Kamloops has received just $80 million.

Our community, despite an ever increasing population, has seen 50% of patients beds at RIH removed and closed in the past two decades.  This under governments led by both the NDP & BC Liberals.

What possible excuse can they have for this?  As far as I am concerned, there is NONE!  And I would have to say most people in Kamloops, no matter what the political leaning may be, agree.

The number of people being looked after at the ER has also increased by over 50 percent, and yet the needs to care for these Emergency patients has not kept pace.

We deserve better ... and I pledge right now, that when I am elected as your MLA, I will not rest until we get no less than our fair share.

Let's 'stay sharp' Kamloops!

I'm Peter Sharp – I'm a BC Conservative – and I believe in BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment