Let's 'stay sharp' in Kamloops South Thompson ...

... elect Peter Sharp BC Conservative MLA


Monday 25 March 2013

My job is to let people know they have a choice and an option – it's a choice I am passionate about – and it's one that I sincerely believe in

Today was another day on the campaign trail … and another chance to show why I believe the BC Conservative Party is a choice worthy of consideration by the voters of our province – especially those living right here in Kamloops South Thompson.

This afternoon I was invited to speak at the Kamloops Rotary Club Luncheon, which was held at the Hotel 420 on Victoria Street.  There were 30+ members present for lunch, and after our meal I was introduced, and then it was my turn to speak.

As I looked across the room, I recognized many of those present. They were all reputable people from the community, many of them businessmen and women, as well as lawyers, accountants, doctors, and a number of people who are now retired. All them gave me their time – and their attention.

I had a chance to speak about my family, and some of the things I have had the privilege to be a part of in our community. Then I told them why I was a BC Conservative, and why I wanted to be the next MLA for Kamloops South Thompson.

I began with a subject that has been front and center in Kamloops. It's one which has been a huge concern to many people in our community. I spoke on the Interior Health Authority – health care – and in particular our very own Royal Inland Hospital.

We are suffering from shortages of front line staff, of acute care beds, as well as needing more long term beds. I spoke of the lack of funds for building a better hospital for Kamloops, and for the many people in the outlying communities our Royal Inland Hospital serves.

I looked at comparisons between our hospital here in Kamloops --- and those in the Okanagan communities of Vernon and Kelowna; but mainly Kelowna.

I let people know a fact many are NOT aware of, how the BC Liberal government has spent over $843 million on new hospital infrastructure in Kelowna and Vernon over the past 10 years, while spending less than 10% of that amount (over the same period of time) here in our community of Kamloops.

Then I spoke of our ballooning provincial debt twhich has now reached over $60 billion, and which continues to climb – and I wrapped up by sharing my belief we now have a government so consumed with power, that they have become arrogant.

I believe my talk gave the audience reason to think about a party, that perhaps they have not given serious consideration too, up until now.

I concluded that now is the time for change --- and that we as BC Conservatives are ready to prove their worth in the next election.

My job is to let people know they have a choice and an option – it's a choice I am passionate about – and it's one that I sincerely believe in.

Let's 'stay sharp' Kamloops.

I'm Peter Sharp – I'm a BC Conservative – and I BELIEVE in BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment